🌴 How to cook palm oil rice and beans...

Palm oil rice and beans is one dish I really enjoyed growing up. I never left it. Once in a while I prepare it especially in University. This dish is very filling. I recommend it to those who say that rice doesn't fill them up. This keeps you drinking water again and again. I think it's very healthy too. Cooking this is not expensive cos we don't need meat or chicken. Smoked fish and crayfish is just fine. I didn't remember crayfish here yet it tastes great.

I allowed beans to continue boiling for 15 minutes before adding rice. This is because I cooked small grain Mama Africa Rice. For those who cook Cap Gold, I'll suggest that you add the rice earlier. Cap Rice takes longer to cook. 
frying pepper sauce in palm oil: ground pepper, onion and seasoning cubes frying in unbleached oil 
pepper sauce is ready for water 
add water and washed beans 
washed rice is added at 15 minutes of boiling, for parboiled rice, add a bit later 
fish is covered and left to boil 
pot dries up too fast, more water, salt and seasoning are added to taste 

Ingredients For This Palm Oil Rice And Beans:

  1. Rice11/2 cups 
  2. Brown Beans 11/2 cups 
  3. Smoked cat fish 4 
  4. Grilled Titus Fish 1 
  5. Crayfish (No crayfish here, pls add to yours)
  6. pepper sauce or pepper, seasoning, onion blended together 
  7. Palm oil 
  8. water 
COOKING PROCEDURE:

looking at the step by step pics from up right down, you already know how this was cooked. I fried onions, fresh pepper, seasoning first in palm oil. Then added water and washed beans, beans is allowed to boil for about 15 minutes or more (depending on how soft you want your beans) before adding washed rice and smoked fish. Check for salt, satisfied with the taste, I covered and left to cook. Pot dried up before rice is cooked so, I added some more water and salt and seasoning to taste again before leaving to cook soft.
rice and beans are tender enough for eating 
check for salt again before turning off the heat 
Beans and rice cooked and ready to be served 
a child's small portion of palmo rice and beans 

A small serving of palm oil rice with beans

Rice and beans can also be cooked with vegetable oil, soya or even olive oil. I like the color of palm oil in rice when it's cooked.

Enjoy!

Comments